Tuesday, November 12, 2013

BlurryLines : If I Can Find It, It's Okay to Use it & Other Copyright Myths

If I can download it, it's okay.
If they don't want me to use it, they should make it so I can't.
It's for "educational purposes".
If I can just right click and save, it isn't copyrighted.
It's not like I'm hurting anyone.
If I can find it, I can use it.
All of the above are things I've heard teachers and students say.  I'm certain I've said something like "It's for educational purposes" without even being sure what that meant.  I was someone who was okay with what I thought were the blurry lines of copyright. it was easy to  rationalize my behavior, I just told myself  that it was something a student needed and that made it okay.  Then I had an experience that led me to think more deeply about copyright.
Read the full post that includes resources on New Tech Network's blog where it was originally posted. 

1 comment:

  1. The global Forklift Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 1.93%, from USD 16.00 billion in 2016 to USD 17.61 billion by 2021. The base year for the report is 2015 and the forecast year is 2021.The global market is driven by the less than 5 ton capacity forklifts which accounts for major market share in terms of volume. The less than 5 ton capacity majorly includes battery-electric forklifts as well as Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) forklifts but the battery-electric forklifts penetration in this segment is highest.

    ReplyDelete